Last Updated: February 15, 2013
If you do not agree with our policies and practices, you may choose not to use the Services.
Information we collect:
We may collect the following types of information related to Merchants:
- Contact information, such as your name, address, phone, email, and other similar information;
- Financial information, such as the bank account numbers that you link to your Flint account or give us when you use the Services;
- Detailed personal information such as your date of birth or social security number;
- Transaction information such as the date, time, amount, location, device information and use information associated with each transaction;
- Credentials and other personal information associated with third party social media sites (e.g., Facebook and Twitter);
- Business content you upload such as your website address, logos, social network links, photos and other materials; and
- Information from you when interacting with our customer support team or when you respond to a survey or a promotion.
We also collect information related to you from third parties, including, but not limited to, third-party verification services, credit bureaus, mailing list providers, and publicly available sources.
How we use the information we collect:
Primarily we use the information we collect from you to process transactions through the Flint Service and personalize your use of the Services. We may use your personal information to:
- Verify your identity, collect funds, make payments, send receipts and other notices regarding your transactions;
- Process transactions and send notices about your transactions;
- Resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our Terms of Service;
- Customize, measure, and improve the Services and the content, layout, and operation of our websites and applications;
- Post comments, reviews and other information received from Consumers to your social media pages;
- Deliver targeted marketing, service update notices, and promotional offers; and
- Provide you with the Services and any associated customer support.
How we share the information we collect
We may share personal information about you:
- With third parties to provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including service providers who access information or receive information about you to perform services on our behalf (e.g., fraud prevention and verification services), including financial institutions, processors, payment card associations, and other entities that are part of the payment process;
- With third parties that run advertising campaigns, contests, special offers, or other events or activities in connection with our Services;
- To trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you;
- In connection with, or during the negotiation of, any merger, sale of company stock or assets, financing, acquisition, divestiture, or dissolution of all or a portion of our business;
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request; to enforce our Terms of Service agreements or policies; to protect the security or integrity of our Services; and to protect us, our users or the public from harm or illegal activities; and
- With your consent.
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent; however, non-personally identifiable visitor information in aggregated form may be provided to third parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses without restriction.
All third parties that receive your information are bound by contractual obligations to keep personally identifiable information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For example, we may share your information in aggregated or non-aggregated form with third parties that run advertising campaigns, contests, special offers, or other events or activities in connection with our Services. We share device IDs and information such as MacAddress, IP Address, UDID, UUID, Apple’s advertising identifier, sessionIDs, and transaction volume and amount with our technology service providers and advertising networks for marketing purposes. These partners include, but are not limited to, Google, Facebook, Apple, Nanigans, HasOffers, mDotm, Fiksu, DrawBridge, Tapjoy and Flurry.
In the course of a transaction we may collect your name, credit card number, expiration date, card security or verification code, amount of transaction, time and date of transaction, name of item purchased and your email address. We may use this information solely for the purpose of processing payment and sending you a receipt if you request it. We may share this information with others as part of processing a payment through the Flint Service. For example, we may provide a Merchant with your email address if you request a transaction receipt. Your personal information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted. Other than the last 4 digits of your credit card number, we do not store your credit card information.
You may choose to provide your Facebook user name and submit reviews or comments to Flint to be posted on Facebook. You have sole control of any transaction information you choose to post publicly. Your transaction information is never posted publicly unless you initiate, compose, and confirm the sharing activity.
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent; however, non-personally identifiable visitor information in aggregated form may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses without restriction.
We may share your information with our subsidiaries and affiliates or in connection with, or during the negotiation of, any merger, sale of company stock or assets, financing, acquisition, divestiture, or dissolution of all or a portion of our business.
Security of Your Information
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information. We offer the use of a secure server environment. All information you provide to us that we store is maintained in a secure PCI-DSS environment. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted. This information is only accessible by individuals authorized with special access rights to such systems who are required to keep the information confidential.
For Merchants we do not store your birth date or your social security number. We only collect your birth date and social security number in order to send it to third party service providers to verify your identity.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to the Flint Service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We expect you to not share your password with anyone.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
Merchants can close their account or review and change personal information by logging into your account and visiting your account profile page, through the mobile application or by sending us e-mail at email@example.com. We will accommodate any request to change information unless such request would violate any law or legal requirement or regulation or cause the information to be incorrect. In addition, we may retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with the law, prevent fraud, verify transactions collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, enforce our rights and take other actions permitted by law. If you delete your uploaded User Content (i.e. logo, website), it will no longer appear on your receipts.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) and do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and Services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us as provided below.
Flint Mobile, Inc.
2395 Broadway Street
Redwood City, CA 94063